TightVNC vs regular VNC

Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:34:52 +0000

don't know about a reg key, but a work-around would be to connect once to
the server using whatever encoding and other settings you want, click on the
"vnc" system menu icon in the top left corner of the viewer, select "Save
Connection Info".  It'll save the settings used in that session into a .vnc
text file.  You can then do one of 2 things: go to a command prompt, cd to
the directory where your vncviewer executable is, and type "vncviewer
/register", which will then cause all .vnc files to be launched with
vncviewer automatically, or you can manually launch vncviewer using the
command prompt via "vncviewer -config somefile.vnc"

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Tertling [mailto:tertling "at" web.de]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 4:00 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: TightVNC vs regular VNC

"Todd A. Jacobs" wrote:

> Of course, if you have a Fast Ethernet connection or similar, you're much
> better off running raw encoding. YMMV.

I'd like to have "RAW" encoding set as default as I am using VNC
(TightVNC in particular as I wanted to test modem performance) on my
fast ethernet lan most of the time. And I'm tired of selecting "RAW"
manually :)
So is there a way (via registry key for example) to set "RAW" as
default?

Thanks in advance for your help!