black screen on second connection

Todd A. Jacobs nospam "at"
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:47:22 +0000

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Dan Evans wrote:

> I'm tunneling VNC through SSH and it completes successfully once.
> The second time (and beyond) I try to connect, I get nothing but a
> blank screen and mouse trails.  I can't find anything in the FAQ
> regarding this behavior, but it's quite odd -- especially when it
> happens after the initial clean session.

You haven't said anything about platforms, versions, or anything else.
There could be a lot of reasons: port forwards already in use, xauth
problems (I get those a lot with Red Hat Linux 6.2 and Ximian Gnome), or
something entirely different.

Work: It's not just a job, it's an indenture.
to majordomo "at"
See also: