VNC vs. Microsoft NetMeeting's Shared Desktop

Yan Seiner yan "at" cardinalengineering.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 00:23:25 +0000

I've never run MS Net Meeting.  I try to stay away from MN apps for a
lot of reasons.

VNC is better because it runs on the platforms I need.  I run Win98SE in
a windows emulator on a linux workstation.  I manage a number of linux
servers remotely.  I travel all over the world and I need access to my
computer and my server.  I never know if I will be limited to bandwith,
ports, etc. where I am.

VNC will run, with tightVNC it needs little bandwith to be practical, it
can easily be run down a VPN connection, and it's as reliable as a rock.

Frankly, this really sounds like more MS FUD or troll-bait.

--Yan