VNC vs. Microsoft NetMeeting's Shared Desktop

Dan Reisman danreisman "at" home.com
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 18:49:50 +0000

I installed VNC because I thought it was the only free program out there to
remotely control my server.  I have the server on a Windows NT4 Server, and
the viewers on 2 PCs running Win98SE.  Then, I found Microsoft NetMeeting's
Shared Desktop.  I have compared the performance of VNC with Microsoft
NetMeeting's Shared Desktop, and I have found the latter to be superior.  I
get a better picture, a lower latency, generally the same features of VNC,
plus you can issue a CTRL+ALT+DEL command to the server.  Before I do
something I would regret, what reasons are there for me not to stay with
NetMeeting, and uninstall VNC?

I appreciate your professional candidness on this issue.

Sincerely Yours,
Dan