Advanced Options -> AutHosts, QuerySetting

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:20:51 +0000

in the registry under HKLM\Software\ORL\Winvnc3, put the key "AuthHosts"
(type String) - QuerySetting defaults to "2", which will work just fine for
prompting, so you don't really need to specify it.  The AuthHosts string
should read "-:?41.17", assuming you want connections from 41.17.x.x to get
an accept/reject prompt and everybody else to just get rejected.

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralf.LaPorte "at" stadt.koblenz.de
[mailto:Ralf.LaPorte "at" stadt.koblenz.de]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 6:34 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Advanced Options -> AutHosts, QuerySetting

Hi,

in this time we are testing VNC  on Win NT and W2K.

I have a problem with the parameters AutHost and QuerySetting (i understand
it).
We want that VNC ask the user (accepted at the server side vie a dialog
box) and only IP 41.17 will be accepted.
How do i make it?

Ralf