Getting local loop-back connection error when connecting to a rem ote machine.

Bendotti, Gerard gbendotti "at"
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 01:09:25 +0000

Hello List,
As the subject line says, I get "Local loop-back connections are disabled"
when trying to connect to a remote machine.

I have been through the archives and documentation before resorting to
asking what appears to be a silly question, perhaps I have overlooked
something in the setup.  All I found was, as expected references to
connecting to localhost, which is not what I am trying to do.

The only think I can think of is the remote machine has the same name as my
network log in and it is getting confused.  Either that or the network setup
on it is not right, but I have checked and it looks fine to me.

The machine was recently reformatted, prior to this VNC worked fine, but the
machine had a different name.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Gerard Bendotti

Human Resources Systems Development Officer
 phone: (08) 9368 3490
        fax: (08) 9474 3749
   room: Admin 126
to majordomo "at"