vnc on AIX via inetd

Marc Grober mgrober "at" ahfc.state.ak.us
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:58:43 +0000

had a couple of questions regarding  vnc is performance under aix.......
i had set my inetd to broadcast initially, and was promptly picking up another server
(not the server I was connecting to.................) so I tried to set to -indirect to
get the chooser and got an java error:  java.io.IOException: Host xxx port xxx is not an
RFB server
i can set it to -query localhost but it takes almost 30 seconds for the dtlogin to show
up
(where as the login screen from the ancient 230 pops up immediately when the setting is
broadcast)
What can I do if anything to get a chooser and is the delay in geting the login an
artifact of our
network or some thrashing that vnc is doing............

marc