VNC Commander

Tony Caduto tcaduto "at" amsoftwaredesign.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:54:04 +0000

Steve,
I don't plan on adding port scanning anytime soon. I really just wanted
something that kind of had the ease of use of PC Anywhere and I think this
app does that.
I will add the ability to use a shared INI file then Help desk techs etc
could all use the same INI.
Passwords are encrypted in the file, so the security is sufficient for use
in a secured LAN/WAN, if you are on NT set the permisions of the ini file so
only you can access it if you are really concerned about it.
The author of VNCx plans on eventually releasing the ActiveX to source forge
so development on it should take off
I am just doing this for fun, so I really don't know how much I will put
into it

I could make the encryption use a machine modifier so it can only be
decrypted on that particular PC then it wouldn't be so easy :-)
Your right that all you would need is the INI and the app since the key is
hardcoded in the exe.
We will see :-)

Thanks,

Tony Caduto