VNC Commander

Steve Bostedor steveb "at" tshore.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:29:19 +0000

	Do you plan on making it scan for computers like VNCScan Console?  It can
be a big pain to manually enter in and maintain a list of hundreds of
computers. Also, the passwords are stored in an ASCII text file.  Any
thought to changing that?  A malicious user can use that info to connect to
the computers by obtaining a copy of the ini file.
	I see that you're using the VNCX active X control.  I think that's kind of
cool, but what about the evolving compression techniques that are being
developed?  Will the author remake the control to support these
technologies?
	Do you plan on including the ability to group computers into categories?
How much development do you plan on doing on this project?  You've done a
great job at making it pretty.  If you'd just give it some of these basic
functionalities and security, you'll have a great little utility!

Good luck!

  _____

* All email is checked for viruses by our email gateway.  If you get an
attachment from this email address that is suspicious, please respond and
let me know.

CONTACT INFO:

Steve Bostedor
Thomson-Shore, Inc.