Running VNCServer on Linux firewall

Andrew MacKenzie andyman "at"
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 04:13:38 +0000

I have VNC Server running on my Linux firewall and it appears to work the
way I sort of want it to.   I can use it so that I can jump from there to my
internal machines on my network.   however, I can not use it so far to view
what is on the desktop that I would see if I turn on the monitor.   I am
wondering how I set the server so that it would send back what Xwindows is
displaying on my monitor (which is using GNOME).   Or if this can't be
achieved if I can have it so that it loads GNOME so that it looks like a
remote terminal that I can log into.

Thanks for any and all advice in advance.

Andrew MacKenzie

Andrew D. MacKenzie
8 - 28 Summers Place.
Saskatoon, SK.   S7H 3W4