encrypted tunnel

Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:13:11 +0000

If you search through this mailing list archive, some months ago I wrote a
brief howto on getting Zebedee to work with Win32.  It's a bit dated now, as
multiple revisions of both VNC and Zebedee have come up, but I think the
principals still apply.  BTW, for me at least, using Zebedee's default
vncserver.zbd (on the server end, ie the command would be "zebedee -s -f
vncserver.zbd") and vncviewer.zbd (on the control end, ie command: "zebedee
-f vncviewer.zbd xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx") worked out-of-the-box for simple vnc
connections.

Thanks,
Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: Dixieland [mailto:dixie "at" anivcd.tv]
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2001 5:45 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: encrypted tunnel

hello,

this is a question for anyone who has suuccessfully setup and run VNC
through an encrypted tunnel.  i have looked into Zebede, OpenSSH for Win32,
and Tunnelier... all with minimal success... mostly because of a lack of
good documentation.  while Zebede looked very promising (as the authors
wrote it practically FOR vnc purposes) the documentation had only "follow
this example to get it working" style directions.  my situaion is unique and
i would like more details on it functinality.

Tunnelier looked REMARKABLE - but has absolutely NO documentation.  if
anyone can get that product working i would LOVE to see an online help or
walkthrough of its features.

anyone else have suggestions?  are there any projects in the works for a
SecureVNC?

- Dixieland