Taskmanager and a comments about VNC

timmy timmy "at" cablerocket.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 01:05:05 +0000

I use WinVNC as my primary remote control software, I can see task manager
on every machine i run (over 250). There is no task manager in 95, only NT
based boxes.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Mike Rehbein
Sent: August 12, 2001 2:07 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: Taskmanager and a comments about VNC

>  > I see taskmanager on my remote machine. i have no problem. If you tell
us
>>  what os you are using and what is your setup perhap someone here can
help
>>  you.
>
>My friend runs Windows 95 and the remote computers runs Windows 95, NT 4
and
>Windows 2000. It is not possible to see the taskmanager on the
>remote-computer through VNC's eyes.

I right click on the task bar and the task manager is available as a
selection in the pop up menu.

Do you see a pop up menu when you right click in the task bar along
the bottom of the remote computers screen?

Or, how are you attempting to bring up the task manager on the remote pc?

Task manager is viewable on each of the OS's you mention.

VNC works well for us. VNC is our primary GUI remote management tool
at work. Our enterprise consists of about 110 servers.

WAN performance varies across the enterprise so we see various

This difference in response is due to the WAN, not VNC. As most of
our servers are identical in hardware and software config.

--
Regards

                   Mike

           ___ /^^[___              _  N0AGG ICQ# 4471401
        ( -+ |____|    ______-----+/ Maplewood, MN USA