How do Install VNC on a Win98 or Wim ME computer?

timmy timmy "at" cablerocket.com
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 05:04:37 +0000

quick and dirty way is to open holes 5500, 5800 and 5900 in your firewall
and use a web browser to point to the name/ip

eg: http://24.24.24.24:5800

off to the races you go, *BUT* you really should change the defualt ports
from 5500/5800/5900.

-tim

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of RICH
Sent: August 11, 2001 7:56 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: How do Install VNC on a Win98 or Wim ME computer?

I have a Win98 and a Windows Millennium Edition computer on which I wish
to install VNC.  How does one set these up so that when they are
connected to the Internet I can use the viewer to contact them.  The
servers I have set up have a host name and you only need to type in the
Domain name or IP address to contact them.  But these two machines are
stand-alones that connect through an ISP.  What is the proper procedure
for setting them up?

Thanks,

Richard

Leicaman "at" msn.com