r7 works, r9 doesn't

Scott Gold sgold "at" eone.com
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:20:17 +0000

Just wanted to add fuel to an old fire.  I've been using VNC for a few weeks on a bunch of NT workstations and 1 NT server multi-
processor.  No problems.  Just got our new NT server in, a dual 1 Ghz PIII IBM machine with RAID and UPS.  I try and run VNC and get
the dreaded Dr. Watson when I try to connect from a client.  I read through the old posts, uninstalled r9 and installed r7, and now
everything is happy.  I never understood all the stuff about use_deferredupdates registry, its not very clear in the posts or the
documentation, so I went with the r7 approach.

--Scott

 Scott Gold
 Product Development Engineer

 Environment One Corporation