I'm losing the battle to Solaris 8 and VNC

Chris.N.1@bwc.state.oh.us Chris.N.1 "at" bwc.state.oh.us
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:14:57 +0000

Hello:

I've juste installed Solaris 8 on a Sun system.

After I install VNC.... I could get it to run olwm with the following
xstartup file

xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
#twm &
olwm &

However... I wanted CDE to run.
I changed the file to the folowing

xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
#twm &
#olwm &
/usr/dt/bin/Xsession

when I did this and restarted the server all I got was a grey screen with X
cursor.  I killed the vnc server and changed the file back and STILL got a
grey screen.
I then rebooted the box and STILL AGAIN got a grey screen. It wasn't until I
went up to the box and logged in locally that I could then get the VNC
server to come up with the old olwm session.

What do I need to change so I can remotely reboot the box and get a session
to run. (either olwm or CDE..whichever is easier)

Thanks...I'm new

Chris