== can Unix vnc 'mirror' the video cards frambuffer

Brett Bolen brettb "at" nc.rr.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 14:23:23 +0000

Tim, I tried this a couple days ago and it performed
poorly.

The opengl app (glxgears) was outputing about 50 frames
per second, and x0rfb updates where about 2 per second.
It was hard to determine the vncviewer update, but it was
definatly jumpy and no better than 3 frames per second.

I don't kno how to measure the exact update rate on the
vncviewer window.

I'm wondering if there are any better solutions:

	1.  DRI
      2.  fbdev stuff

Does anybody have any other ideas.  I'm be happy to
prototype it if somebody has a good idea.

thanks
  brett bolen