Upgrading VNC (was TightVNC vs regular VNC)

Richard Harris rich "at" darkage.co.uk
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 09:07:04 +0000

On 8 Aug 2001, at 6:00, vnc-list-digest wrote:

> I eventually used:
>   Password = REG_BINARY 0x8 0xDDCCBBAA 0xHHGGFFEE
> and that worked.

> Is there an easier version that I am missing here??

The easiest way to find your password settings, is to set the
password under WinVNC (winvnc -defaultsettings from the
command lien). Now use regdir to list this reg key:

regdir \registry\machine\software\orl\winvnc3\default

Look for the password reg key and copy this directly into the
machine.ini file for the script. A full explanation of this is on the
same web site as the script.

HTH
Rich

email: rich "at" darkage.co.uk
web: http://www.darkage.co.uk/

"Service, price, quality: pick any two."