Mac to PC Second Mouse Button

Jonathan Morton chromi "at"
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 01:36:51 +0000

>I'm on a Mac with a 2 button mouse, and I am connected to a PC. I would like
>to be able to use my second mouse button on my Mac as I would on the PC, can
>someone tell me the command to put in the key mapping dialog? I can't seem
>to get it to work!

For starters, go to and get
yourself a VNC viewer that works.  Then set it up to use the same
mapping as you've set up the mouse to use - for example if your right
button is set up to produce a Shift-click, set up VNCThing to use the
Shift modifier to activate the second button.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
mail:     chromi "at"  (not for attachments)
geekcode: GCS$/E dpu(!) s:- a20 C+++ UL++ P L+++ E W+ N- o? K? w--- O-- M++$
           V? PS PE- Y+ PGP++ t- 5- X- R !tv b++ DI+++ D G e+ h+ r++ y+(*)
to majordomo "at"
See also: