== can Unix vnc 'mirror' the video card's framebuffer ( like win32 vnc)? ==

Brett Bolen brettb "at" nc.rr.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 16:20:51 +0000

I would like to use vnc to look at the X display on the
real video card.

This shouldn't be to hard, because the win32 vnc is doing
just that -- There is only one framebuffer with windows,
and all vnc clients see a single display.

With Unix, each vnc user has it's own vnc framebuffer.

I am not interested in multiple uses sharing the same
virtual frame buffer.

I want to see what is on the video cards framebuffer.

Does anybody know how to do this? With existing software?

Can anybody suggest vnc source mods that will allow me to
do this?

This is for an embedded project.

Thanks
  brett bolen