Password

Bernaerts, Johan johan.bernaerts "at" eds.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 13:52:57 +0000

Thanks it works,

But this means that I have to change the password for all users who already
used this machine?

We have different teams managing this servers, each logging on to this
server with there own group logon

Notesadmin
NTadmin
Helpdesk

So if I want the password to be changed, I will have to do it for the
Default VNC setting and for each user ?

Johan

-----Original Message-----
From: John Arbour [mailto:John.Arbour "at" pwgsc.gc.ca]
Sent: dinsdag 7 augustus 2001 14:13
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'
Subject: RE: Password

A fairly common problem.

There are two types of password in VNC - one is the Default user password,
set via VNC - Administrative Tools - Show Default Settings.  If no-one is
logged on to the NT Server, then this VNC password works.  The other, the
User password is  set via VNC - Show User Settings.  When this password is
set it is embedded in the NT user profile of the user who sets it.  Of
course it can be set differently from the Default password, and then
whenever that user is logged on to NT, it is the VNC password required,
overriding the Default password.

Anyone know why it was designed this way?