Password

John Arbour John.Arbour "at" pwgsc.gc.ca
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 13:16:42 +0000

A fairly common problem.

There are two types of password in VNC - one is the Default user password,
set via VNC - Administrative Tools - Show Default Settings.  If no-one is
logged on to the NT Server, then this VNC password works.  The other, the
User password is  set via VNC - Show User Settings.  When this password is
set it is embedded in the NT user profile of the user who sets it.  Of
course it can be set differently from the Default password, and then
whenever that user is logged on to NT, it is the VNC password required,
overriding the Default password.

Anyone know why it was designed this way?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernaerts, Johan [mailto:johan.bernaerts "at" eds.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 2:49 AM
To: 'vnc distibution list'
Subject: Password

Hi,

I have this strange problem that I can not seem to fix.

I have VNC on Windows NT Server 4.0

When I take overthe screen and go to theproperties of VNC and change the
password, itworks with the new password as lobg as I do not log of on the
server screen.

When I log off, its again the old password.

How can I also change the VNC password when there is nobody logged on?

Thanks for the help

Johan