Help: CTRL-ALT-ESC isn't sent to client

Michael Milette tng "at" cyberus.ca
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 05:01:21 +0000

Hi there!

I was wondering if any of you could tell me how I could possibly send a
CTRL-ALT-ESC from a VNC Client running on a Windows 98 platform to a host
running a VNC Client on a Windows NT 4.0 platform? Unlike CTRL-ALT-DEL,
there doesn't appear to be any VNC menu item which would allow me send the
appropriate keystrokes to bring up the Windows NT Task Manager. Also unlike
the CTRL-ALT-DEL sequence, Windows 9x has no reason to intercept the
CTRL-ALT-ESC sequence as it doesn't do anything on that platform.

I know I can right click on the NT task bar and select Task Manager but
there are times when the task bar just isn't visible. Any suggestions would
be much appreciated.

				Michael Milette
				TNG Consulting Inc.