New to MacVNC - command key and working with PPP connection

a.umpleby@ic.ac.uk a.umpleby "at" ic.ac.uk
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 04:17:52 +0000

> I just got MacVPC (AT&T distro, are there others?)

Yes - check out ChromiVNC for a server and VNCThing for a client.

Also, you may find my vncPatches68k could be worth a try with the
ChromiVNC Server (even if you are using a PowerPC Mac).

ChromiVNC Server:  http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/vnc/

VNCThing:  http://www.webthing.net/vncthing/

> How do I get the command key to work right?

A server running ChromiVNC will interpret a ctrl+alt (or ctrl+opt, if
you're using a US Mac keyboard) from any client as a command key.
eg: If you are using a Mac client (eg,VNCThing) then typing
ctrl+opt+Q will quit an application at the server end as if you had
typed command+Q.

Hope that helps!