"Connection Closed" error

Scott C. Best sbest "at" best.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:57:15 +0000

Asa:
	Heya...

> how do you change your VNC server's http port?

	From a few months back. Hope it helps!

-Scott

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:41:32 +0100
From: "Seth Kneller" <seth "at" skneller.demon.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Changing port number on VNC Server for NT

Kevin Mace writes:

>I've searched through the documentation, and can't seem to find the method
>of changing the default port number (5900) on the Windows VNC Server.  if
>anyone can forward those directions on to me I would greatly appreciate it.

The registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\PortNumber will
allow you to change the port number, however if you want to use a port
number greater than 5999 things get slightly more difficult; refer to this
post on using port 80:

Jonathan Morton <chromi "at" cyberspace.org> writes:
OK, suppose you want to use port 80, which is display number -5820.  You
need to find the value (2^32)-5820 to enter.  2^32 is 4,294,967,296 in
decimal, so the number you enter into the Registry is 4,294,961,476.

Seth