VNC mystery

Yan Seiner yan "at" cardinalengineering.com
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 19:04:57 +0000

Ha! that got it.  Now for more mysteries:

The performance really sucks.  Window redraws are visibly slow, even on
teh local machine.

I am running twm, then starting vncviewer in full-screen mode.  Any
ideas on better performance?

Also, my fonts are hosed.  I use ISO8859-2 (central european) and
characters appear to be taken from different fonts.  I think this is a
twm issue - I now have gnome in vncviewer on top of twm, and something
is not happy.

All in all, this will do what I need it to do, but not for a daily basis.

Anyone know if/when rfb0 will include tightvnc code?

Thanks.

--Yan