ConnectPriority - can't share Windows NT VNC server

Sharma, Shashi Shashi.Sharma "at" kla-tencor.com
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 18:31:57 +0000

Its in HKLM\Software\ORL\WinVnc3
Not in  HKLM\Software\ORL\WinVnc3\Default

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris de Vidal [mailto:cdevidal "at" yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2001 7:04 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: ConnectPriority - can't share Windows NT VNC server

I can't seem to get Connect Priority working like
intended.

To quote the documentation:

ConnectPriority indicates what WinVNC should do when a
non-shared connection is received:
0 = Disconnect all existing connections.
1 = Don't disconnect any existing connections.
2 = Refuse the new connection.

On my NT server, I put the DWORD ConnectPriority in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\Default and
gave it a value of 1.

I stopped and started the VNC service and connected my
Linux box.  As long as I specify -shared, or click the
sharing button on a Windows client, I can connect
other clients and share the server.  I connected my
Linux box and a Windows 2000 laptop.

As soon as a client tries to connect that does not
have sharing enabled, it disconnects all existing
connections and logs in.

Is this not working as the documenation said it
should?  I can't enable sharing on every viewer.

Please advise, oh wise and mighty group members.

CD