TightVNC vs regular VNC

Peters, A John (MN27) a.john.peters "at" honeywell.com
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 17:16:17 +0000

Set the runonce entry in the registry to the setup command.  Reboot and it
should run.

For VNC you man need a bat file or script to set the settings.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Ryan Casey
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 10:17 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: TightVNC vs regular VNC

This is a problem for me, too.  A number of our machines I control through
VNC (Linux, Solaris, Win*).  For Windows, I still have some running ORL VNC
3.3.3r9, some running TightVNC release and some TightVNC Preview.  I would
like to upgrade them all to TightVNC preview or 1.2 when it comes out, but
short of using VNC to install another controller package, then using that to
upgrade VNC, then uninstalling it and switching back to VNC.

Anybody out there have any ideas on how to do an automatic update or even
manual like some other packages do?

Ryan