TightVNC vs regular VNC

David Brodbeck DavidB "at" mail.interclean.com
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 15:43:39 +0000

My biggest problem is that the machine that it'd be most useful on is one
that we've shipped off to a site 1200 miles away, and something tells me
that I can't upgrade to a newer VNC while operating the machine via VNC. ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Edric Bulalacao [mailto:egb "at" tonesoft.com]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 10:14 AM
To: vnc-list-digest "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RE: TightVNC vs regular VNC

My findings were based on the latest preview source code of Tight
VNC...downloaded from www.tightvnc.com.  Indeed, if bandwidth is your main
concern, then go with Tight VNC and play around with the Custom and JPEG
compression levels and the mouse cursor thingie.  But in addition, you'll
need to consider the additional server resources that these options
consume...more CPU utilization and additional memory requirements per user.