TightVNC vs regular VNC

Edric Bulalacao egb "at" tonesoft.com
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 15:19:47 +0000

My findings were based on the latest preview source code of Tight
VNC...downloaded from www.tightvnc.com.  Indeed, if bandwidth is your main
concern, then go with Tight VNC and play around with the Custom and JPEG
compression levels and the mouse cursor thingie.  But in addition, you'll
need to consider the additional server resources that these options
consume...more CPU utilization and additional memory requirements per user.