Does anybody setup VNC in Solaris 2.5.1?

Philip Seth phils "at" linfield.edu
Sat, 04 Aug 2001 06:48:08 +0000

Hi Artie,

I would say yes, you should install VNC as root. It has been awhile, but I do
have VNC running on a Solaris 2.5.1 box. The programs should be in a
directory that is on your path. On our system the programs are located in
/usr/local/bin and are owned by root. Xvnc is setgid and group root so that
it can create the files under /tmp/.X11... when a normal user runs vncserver.

Regards,
Phil

--
Phil Seth, Associate Director of Administrative Computing
Linfield College, phils "at" linfield.edu