vnc is in startup scripts(change user and home directory?)

Jared Kidd jaredkidd "at" hotmail.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 23:31:45 +0000

Ok, I got the redhat one and installed it.  I added a line for the user i
wanted in /etc/sysconfig/vncservers.  Is that all i need to do?  will it
now load a vnc server on the display specified in that file with the user
and use that user's home directory?

>From: Tim Waugh

>Subject: Re: vnc is in startup scripts(change user and home directory?)
>Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:02:24 +0100 > >On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at
11:21:43PM -0700, Jared Kidd wrote: > >[...] > > daemon vncserver >[...]
> >Eek, it runs as root! For a better initscript that can be told to run
>multiple displays as specified users, see the Red Hat Linux VNC RPM. >
>Tim. >*/ > >[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type
application/pgp-signature]