VNC Crypto

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 17:37:15 +0000

I've had success using a secure tunnel called Zebedee on win32 (can't say
about *nix, but there are versions for it).  Homepage is
http://www.winton.org.uk/zebedee .  One advantage to Zebedee is it comes
with a config file ready for VNC and appears to run out-of-the-box.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Russo [mailto:SteveR "at" denning.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 12:02 PM
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com '
Subject: VNC Crypto

Hello everybody!

I am looking at implementing VNC for a couple of companies that I am working
with. They will need a secure solution and will be coming from various
clients (Win3.11, Win95, Linux, etc). I have been on this list for over a
year and I believe I have seen some mention of Crypto VNC. I know all about
tunneling VNC over SSH in Linux, but unfortunately, these companies don't
have the pleasure of having all Linux desktops.

Didn't someone create a version of VNC Cryto that doesn't rely on SSH? I've
looked at the add-ons but didn't see it.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Don't phear the penquin.