VNC Crypto

Yan Seiner yan "at" cardinalengineering.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 17:30:27 +0000

I'd say you're better off establishing a vpn of some sort and running
vnc over it.  The fewer ports you have open, the better.  The folks who
write VNC are probably not security gurus; thw folks who write ssh had
better be.

There are port-forwarding win32 ssh clients out there.  Some free, some not.

Also, there is a number of other vpn solutions - pptp (pptpd for linux,
built into windows), ipsec (overkill and still not quite there for
vendor interoperability), and probably others.

--Yan