vnc is in startup scripts(change user and home directory?)

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 16:58:25 +0000

first suggestion is to use a version without the wallpaper disabling,
v3.3.3r7.
But I think you have the key in the wrong place. According to the doc it
should be in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ORL\WinVNC3
and I think it is a dword value of 0 to not disable.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Tim Guy
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 11:22 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: vnc is in startup scripts(change user and home directory?)

Sorry. I think this has been covered before but its confusing looking
through the archives to get the right answer.

Running Windows 2000 on the client and server we are using the latest
version of VNC

We are trying to be as covert as possible (being administrators in a school)
and are falling over with the disable wallpaper option.

We seam to be able to stop the disabling of the wallpaper when we take over
the server, But! when we close the connection the wall paper then
disappears!

Also we've just found if we try to connect to the server but screw the
password up. The wallpapers also disapears

We have the disablewallpaper reg setting in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\Default area?

Any ideas guys? Are we looking at a limitation on this version of the
software?

Thanks in adavance

Tim