Zebedee again....

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 15:15:36 +0000

Depending on what version of Zebedee you're using, you may consider adding a
"minkeylength" keyword to the .zbd config file on the server side,
specifying whatever minimum key length you're comfortable with.  Thus, you
pretty much guarantee a connection using at least that keylength of
encryption.  Beyond that, it seems Zebedee is quite secure.  I've had no
probs with it so far and v2.2.2 has a nice reverse-connect feature which I'm
making use of.

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: James Pifer [mailto:jamesvnclist "at" tnjinfl.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 9:43 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: Zebedee again....

Sorry, think I found the answers to my own questions.

If you have logging turned on it tells you that you've made a tunneled
connection. Good enough for now.
By adding the AuthHosts key with a value of -:+127.0.0.1, the server will
only
accept connections on itself, therefore only through the tunnel.

Please let me know if I have unecessarily opened up any security risks by
doing this. After all, I'm after a secure connection.

Thanks,
James