"Connection Closed" error

Brian Rea brea "at" physiometrics.net
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 10:21:32 +0000

This may have been discussed before, but I have had absolutely no luck in my
searches of the mailing list archives.  I run WinVNC on a home network
(well, actually, it's TightVNC) and have no trouble connecting to my host
machine.  Using a dialup connection with my laptop in the field, i can VNC
successfully to my house.

However, from work i have a problem.  I am able to initiate a connection
process with the server, but as soon as i submit my password i see a
"connection closed" message box, and VNCViewer fails to connect.  Has anyone
else experienced this before?  My company has DSL service, and the network
architecture is (essentially) what you see below:

(DSL Internet Service) --- [Cicso 800 Series] --- [Sygate on Win2K] ---
(Office LAN)

What would cause this problem?  Help greatly appreciated.

Brian Rea
PhysioMetrics
Mount Laurel, NJ
USA