vnc is in startup scripts(change user and home directory?)

Barn Owl barnowl "at"
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 05:34:03 +0000

Jared Kidd wrote:
> Im running mandrake8 which has vnc server built in to run on bootup.
> Currently, when my machine boots up it loads as root but doesn't use
> root's home.  Instead, it uses the root directory (/) as its home
> directory which I don't like.  Can someone tell me how to set it up so it
> still loads on bootup but loads as a normal existing user (jaredk, not
> root) and uses that user's home directory for the settings and stuff? This
> has probably been asked before but i didn't find it searching these
> lists, thanks for any help.

How does it run at startup? Been looking around for a way to do that.
Might have a workaround for you though. Try making the /.vnc a sym link
to /home/jaredk/.vnc.

to majordomo "at"
See also: