Help!!! VNC

Ceri Hankey ccah "at" thegreen.co.uk
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 01:16:38 +0000

Hi,

See below...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nawasthi" <nawasthi "at" vanguardsolutions.com>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 12:12 AM
Subject: RE: Help!!! VNC

> Hi Ceri
>
> I did exactly as you told..but when I tried to
> run vncviewer.exe on my computer
> it asks for the Server Name :xxx.xxx.xxx.x

You SHOULD get a like the attached image.
Where my image says ceri1:1 enter 'the name of your linux system':1
OR the IP of your linux system (eg 192.168.1.10:1)

Ensure that your linux system is running Xvnc on screen 1 (do this by
looking for the file /tmp/.XX11-unix/X1)

Can you ping the Linux system from Windows?

Do you have a firewall on the Linux system? If yes, does it let socket
connections on 5801 thru from outside?

What happens if you call up Internet explorer and enter http://'name of
linux system':5801

Regards,

Ceri Hankey
PS if you do not want details of your particular application to appear on
the vnc-list, I suggest that you answer to me at my email address
ccah "at" thegreen.co.uk