vnc is in startup scripts(change user and home directory?)

Jared Kidd jaredkidd "at" hotmail.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 01:01:52 +0000

Im running mandrake8 which has vnc server built in to run on bootup.
Currently, when my machine boots up it loads as root but doesn't use
root's home.  Instead, it uses the root directory (/) as its home
directory which I don't like.  Can someone tell me how to set it up so it
still loads on bootup but loads as a normal existing user (jaredk, not
root) and uses that user's home directory for the settings and stuff? This
has probably been asked before but i didn't find it searching these
lists, thanks for any help.

Jared Kidd "You can kill a man, but you can't kill what he stands for.
Not unless you first break his spirit."--Smoking Man (X-files)
http://radnimax.com/ icq = 17713745 msn = Xamindar