Licensing problem

Thu, 02 Aug 2001 13:08:22 +0000

VNC is licenced under the GNU GPL (General Public Licence).  Basically, you
can redistribute it as much as you want, but if you make changes/additions
to the code, you have to make the code changes freely available in some
fashion (via download or disk if people ask).

-----Original Message-----
From: Shikhar [mailto:shikhar.hassani "at" tatainfotech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 6:55 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Licensing problem

Hi All,

We are making a new web based product which includes Remote control
functionality as well.
We are just allowing the end user to download the VNC Remote host
application and from our web based client we are invoking the VNC Applet to
control the remote terminal.
I wanted to know if there are any issues if we sell our product in the
market along with VNC packaged as a part of it.
Any help in this area is highly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation and Regards,
Shikhar