VNC and 2 network cards !!!

Alain LaBonté  alb "at" iquebec.com
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 12:55:11 +0000

I had forgot to cc the list with that message. I'm still without a solution
that works for me.

=========
Hi James!

I modified the registry as indicated after taking a backup, checked the
registry (was fine), then tested after rebooting the server machine, and
unfortunately there is absolutely no change in behaviour. Of course I shut
down ZoneAlarm before as it could have blocked this too.

Here is attached the .reg file I created out of your specs

The same tests produced the same non-connection:
with secondary Ethernet card installed and ICS active;
with this card inactive and ICS active
with this card active and ICS inactive
with both this card and ICS inactive...

(sighs!)

Thanks very much for the attempt to help me.

Alain
@ 18:43 2001-07-26 +0000, James Ingham a icrit:
>Alain
>
>I have a solution for you!!
>
>As soon as you start the ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on the
>Win98(SE) it blocks all ports >1024, exept those stated to be open
>in the windows registry.
>Therefor you must include following regkeys:
>But be aware of the danger to modify the registry, you do it on your
>own risk. Always make a backup!!!
>

>************
>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ICSharing\Mappings
>\Acti
>ve]
>"vnc"="0.0.0.0"
>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ICSharing\Mappings
>\Inst
>alled\vnc]
>@=""
>"Name"="vnc"
>"Options"=hex:00,00,00,00
>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ICSharing\Mappings
>\Inst
>alled\vnc\0000]
>@=""
>"Type"="TCP"
>"Translation"="NORMAL"
>"Port"="5800"
>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ICSharing\Mappings
>\Inst
>alled\vnc\0001]
>@=""
>"Type"="TCP"
>"Translation"="NORMAL"
>"Port"="5900"
>*********
>

>Cheers
>James
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ICSharing\Mappings\Active]
"vnc"="0.0.0.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ICSharing\Mappings\Installed\vnc]
@=""
"Name"="vnc""
Options"=hex:00,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ICSharing\Mappings\Installed\vnc\0000]
@=""
"Type"="TCP"
"Translation"="NORMAL"
"Port"="5800"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ICSharing\Mappings\Installed\vnc\0001]
@=""
"Type"="TCP"
"Translation"="NORMAL"
"Port"="5900"