How to change preallocated pixels?

Tristan Richardson tjr "at" uk.research.att.com
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 10:15:47 +0000

"D G" <dgun "at" umpire.com> writes:

> In 8-bit pseudocolor, for some reason the Xvnc server starts with
> black pixel preallocated to 1 and white preallocated to 0.  Without
> recompiling the server, how can I change this behavior to
> preallocate black to 0 and white to 1?

Xvnc has two options "-blackpixel" and "-whitepixel" for exactly this purpose.
Unfortunately I've missed them out of the usage string, so you'd only realise
they were there if you'd read the source :-(

Should be the obvious syntax eg "Xvnc :1 -cc 3 -blackpixel 0 -whitepixel 1"

Cheers

Tristan