Compiling tightvnc

Quek Hong Cheang quekhc "at"
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 10:01:54 +0000

I am trying to compile tightvnc but is always getting lots of error messages.  Problem is as follows :

Operating system : Solaris 7
Vnc version : vnc-3.3.3r1_unixsrc.tgz
Tightvnc : vnc-3.3.3r1-unix-tight-1.1-m.tar.gz
(full source, not using the patch)

I have also made sure that I have zlib.h in /usr/include and libz.a in /usr/lib.

As stated in the instructions, first I use xmkmf and this was what I got :

mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/openwin/lib/X11/config
imake: No such file or directory: Cannot exec /usr/ccs/lib/cpp.  Stop.
imake: Exit code 1.  Stop.

Am I still lacking any files?

Please give some advice.  Thank you.

to majordomo "at"