VNC and 2 network cards !!!

James Ingham james.ingham "at" wwmail.co.uk
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 08:38:22 +0000

Alain

I have a solution for you!

As soon as you start the ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on the
Win98(SE) it blocks all ports >1024, exept those stated to be open
in the windows registry.
Therefor you must include following regkeys:
But be aware of the danger to modify the registry, you do it on your
own risk. Always make a backup!!!

************
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ICSharing\Mappings\Act
ve]
"vnc"="0.0.0.0"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ICSharing\Mappings\Ins
alled\vnc]
@=""
"Name"="vnc"
"Options"=hex:00,00,00,00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ICSharing\Mappings\Ins
alled\vnc\0000]
@=""
"Type"="TCP"
"Translation"="NORMAL"
"Port"="5800"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ICSharing\Mappings\Ins
alled\vnc\0001]
@=""
"Type"="TCP"
"Translation"="NORMAL"