Using RedHat 7.1 and the new KDE with VNC

Chris Hill chill "at" isixinc.com
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 20:33:47 +0000

Ok, I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I've read everything I can find in the archives and manuals (none for 7.1 that I found)

I've edited the xstartup to use

startkde  instead of twm-> just gives me a blue background(dsktop) and pointer
startx  instead of twm-> gives grey background, x cursor, no window
startkde after twm-> loads desktop several errors

In the last approach the KDE crash handler says Klipper caused signal 11...

in none of these examples (or the standard twm) can I run apps like kwrite, kpanel, etc. -> They all cause errors.

So can anyone tell me what the majic xstartup is with the new RedHat and KDE, I'm going crazy just guessing!!!

Thanks
Chris Hill
chill "at" isixinc.com