AuthHosts = V. Confusing!

Daniel Wyllie dwyllie "at" s-un.co.uk
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 16:22:47 +0000

Hi all,

I've just spent the last hour or 2 playing about with the AuthHosts setting.
The PC i'm working with has 2 network cards. One NIC is on one LAN, and
the other is on another LAN.

What i'm trying to do is allow PC's on the 1st LAN (10.8) to have access to
my PC. But at the same time deny anyone from the 2nd LAN (10.9) access.

I went to the documentation webpage for the VNC Server (for Windows) and
read
about the settings for AuthHosts.

According to the documentation, to achieve this i should use the value:

     -:+10.9:+:+10.8

But this doesn't work! After a while I tried using the value:

     -:+10.9:-:+10.8

And it works!

It almost looks like basic maths, where two negatives equals a positive!?

Has anyone else had this problem??

Please help!

Thanks,
Dan