Filetransfer Tool

Mike Babulic mike.babulic "at"
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 19:17:30 +0000

on 11/30/00 1:07 AM, Oeschey, Lars at oeschey "at" wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea regarding the filetransfer? Perhaps some
> lightweight freeware ftp for Win, that we just start when needed?

Why not just use Windoze file sharing?

1) Create a shared "Outgoing Files" folder on your central file server
   (or on somebody's pc)
2) Put a shortcut to the "Outgoing Files" folder on each person's desktop
3) Create an "Incoming Files" folder on each user's desktop
   Share it WRITE_ONLY to everyone
4) Put a shortcut to each user's "Incoming Files" folder into the
   "Outgoing Files" folder; then rename that shortcut with the person's
5) Make sure that everyone has read access to everything in the
   Outgoing Files folder

Mike Babulic,  Management Systems Analyst
Engineering Computer Services,  The City of Calgary
mike.babulic "at"  phone: 268-2520
to majordomo "at"
See also: