VNC vs. MS products

Richard Spaven r_spaven "at" brewhurst.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:01:07 +0000

They may have MS Os's but do they all have exchange and Outlook. There are
loads of companies running Notes, Eudora, Netscape. If any of your customers
are old media types they will be running macs to do Graphic Design, Edit
Film or just editor publications. Wintel is not the choice there.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of
tschweikle "at" FIDUCIA.de
Sent: 30 November 2000 17:13 PM
To: - *vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: VNC vs. MS products

gmabbutt "at" quartetservice.com:

[...]
>  There's one tech in the office who insists that MS
> products are the way to go, simply because most of our customers run MS
OSes
> and he considers it the "easiest" path.

Is he shure there won't be one with Unix or MacOS? Absoluteley? Realy
absoluteley? Will he sign a paper (making clear HE will be the one who
has to pay additional integration costs if he was wrong) telling there
are no customers using non MS OSes?

If not -- why does he want to take products not available on other
platforms?

--
Thomas

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp