User notification

Jonathan Morton chromatix "at"
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:43:05 +0000

>Can anyone tell me if there is a way of notifying the user (i.e. the person
>with the server) that someone (i.e. the person with the viewer) is looking
>at their machine. Perhaps with a popup or a flashing systray icon?

Assuming Windows, the system tray icon turns black when a connection is in
progress.  There is also a modified version available which actually pops
up a dialog asking for confirmation before the session is initiated.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
mail:     chromi "at"  (not for attachments)
big-mail: chromatix "at"
uni-mail: j.d.morton "at"

Get VNC Server for Macintosh from

Version 3.12