polling via php

Jonathan Morton chromatix "at" penguinpowered.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:06:41 +0000

>It works very well - on some machines. Allthough every machine is reachable
>with the vnc-client and and even with any browser on port 5800, only some of
>them respond to my php-query. Strangely only the faster machines (> 200mhz)
>respond - with one 133 Mhz exception. The other 133mhz-machines don4t answer
>to my php-query. But i still can connect to them as usual with the
>VNC-Winclient oder Linux-client.

Port 5800 is used only for the browser connection.  You should scan port
5900 for a more reliable estimate, since 5800 is not opened on all machines.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
big-mail: chromatix "at" penguinpowered.com
uni-mail: j.d.morton "at" lancaster.ac.uk

Get VNC Server for Macintosh from http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/vnc/